At the Grundtvig Movement of Nigeria, we believe:
- In Education for Life: education that equips students not just to make a living but to live lives that are useful and satisfactory to themselves, their communities and to the nation.
- That the criterion of success of educational institutions should NOT be the number of students certified, but the number of graduates living lives useful and satisfactory to themselves, to their community and to the nation.
- That total educational success involves not only the acquisition of skills and knowledge, but also ethics, values, aptitudes and attitudes.
- That every person can succeed given opportunity, right environment and approach.
- That the concept of “School for Life” as developed by N.F.S. Grundtvig, the great Danish educationist, can contribute positively towards our national development.
The philosophy of Education for Life is the foundation of all curriculum and activities in our schools:
- The Grundtvig Institute - 1984.
- Grundtvig International Secondary School - 1998.
- The Grundtvig Polytechnic - 2019.
And no-one has ever lived who can become wise about what he hasn’t first loved.